Dermatologists treat a wide variety of skin conditions from deadly skin cancers to warts . Issues dermatologists see may include chronic disease caused by problems with your immune system, allergic reactions to everyday substances, infections caused by bacteria or a virus, and more.
A dermatologist is a doctor who specializes in conditions involving the skin, hair, and nails. A dermatologist can identify and treat more than 3,000 conditions. These conditions include eczema, psoriasis, and skin cancer , among many others.
Dermatologists diagnose and treat common conditions such as acne, skin cancer, rashes, dermatitis, nail infections, psoriasis, and eczema . They may also address aesthetic concerns, such as wrinkles and hair los
Symptoms of skin disorders
- raised bumps that are red or white.
- a rash, which might be painful or itchy.
- scaly or rough skin.
- peeling skin.
- open sores or lesions.
- dry, cracked skin.
- discolored patches of skin.
Some of the most common conditions a dermatologist may treat include:
- Hair loss.
- Nail fungus.
- Skin cancer.
Dermatologists diagnose and treat more than 3000 different diseases ranging from common conditions such as acne and warts to rare skin diseases to other conditions including skin cancer, eczema, acne, psoriasis, and nail infections.
Skin Diseases, Conditions & Disorders| NIAMS. Site search. Close Alopecia Areata Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) Ichthyosis Atopic Dermatitis Epidermolysis Bullosa Pachyonychia Congenita Pemphigus Psoriasis Raynaud's Phenomenon Rosacea Vitiligo.
Common known causes of skin disorders include:
- bacteria trapped in skin pores and hair follicles.
- fungus, parasites, or microorganisms living on the skin.
- a weakened immune system.
- contact with allergens, irritants, or another person's infected skin.
- genetic factors.
Some of the most common skin diseases include: Acne, blocked skin follicles that lead to oil, bacteria and dead skin buildup in your pores. Alopecia areata, losing your hair in small patches. Atopic dermatitis (eczema), dry, itchy skin that leads to swelling, cracking or scaliness.
Here are four of the most common skin problems and what you can do to find some relief:
- Acne. Acne is the most common skin condition in the country. ...
- Atopic Dermatitis. Eczema (atopic dermatitis) is most common among children, but it can also present for the first time in adults. ...
- Psoriasis. ...
Here are the top 10 skin conditions dermatologists treat.
- Eczema. Atopic dermatitis, commonly referred to as eczema, causes the skin to become red, itchy, dry, and inflamed. ...
- Cold Sores. Cold sores are embarrassing and can be quite painful. ...
- Dry Skin. ...
- Psoriasis. ...
- Vitiligo. ...
- Contact Dermatitis. ...
- Rosacea. ...